What is Pepe Coin?

Launched in mid-April 2023, PEPE Coin marks its presence in the intriguing world of memecoins, a distinct variety apart from widely known memecoins like doge or Shiba Inu tokens. Memecoins, being cryptocurrencies inspired by internet memes and often boosted by prominent figures like Elon Musk, garner significant investor interest, despite skepticism regarding their seriousness. Despite this, the potential for investors to reap hefty gains from memecoins cannot be ignored. This article concentrates on the PEPE coin, also referred to as $PEPE, amidst various memecoins with similar names.

How to Buy Pepe Coin

Creating a Binance account is the first step for users interested in purchasing Pepe Coin (PEPE), requiring them to verify their identity with the cryptocurrency exchange. Registration can be done through the Binance app or website, using their email or phone number and personal account details.

After account creation and verification, users can buy PEPE coin by clicking on the “Buy Crypto” link on the Binance website. They can either use a Visa or MasterCard to purchase the coin or opt for the platform’s peer-to-peer service to buy PEPE directly from other users with various fiat currencies and payment methods.

Once the PEPE purchase is finalized, users have a minute to confirm their purchase at the current price, after which the order gets recalculated based on the market price. Post-purchase, PEPE coins can be stored in a personal crypto wallet or the Binance account, with the former being recommended for better security.

How Pepe Coin Works

The total supply of $PEPE is capped at 420,690,000,000 tokens, with 93.1% assigned to the liquidity pool, leaving 6.9% stashed away in a multi-signature wallet for future requirements.

Pepe Coin adopts a deflationary strategy, which annihilates a minor percentage of tokens with each transaction, thereby promoting scarcity and the possible enhancement of the remaining tokens’ value over time.

Furthermore, Pepe Coin incorporates a redistribution model where a fraction of each transaction is disseminated to existing token holders to promote engagement and foster long-term investments.

The Future of Pepe Coin

Prospective Growth of Pepe Coin: Pepe Coin’s sudden surge to popularity can be attributed to several large-scale purchases that grabbed the cryptocurrency community’s attention on social platforms, particularly Twitter.

The unofficial development plan for Pepe Coin consists of three stages: The initial phase centered on the coin’s launch and its promotion via Twitter. The ongoing second phase focuses on fostering community partnerships and securing listings on top-tier centralized cryptocurrency exchanges (CEXes). The third phase aims to establish a Pepe Academy and promote Pepe merchandise.

Background of Pepe the Frog

Pepe the Frog, a creation of artist Matt Furie for his comic book “Boy’s Club” (first published in 2005), has been a popular meme character on the internet. Pepe, portrayed as a peaceful and congenial frog, was extensively shared across numerous social media platforms.

However, during the 2016 U.S. presidential election, various online communities misappropriated the character for memes promoting hate speech, racist ideologies, and other discriminatory content. To counter this, Furie collaborated with the Anti-Defamation League (ADL) to reinstate the character’s original, more positive image through different methods, including a “Save Pepe” campaign.

Despite holding the legal rights to claim compensation for any commercial utilization of his creation, Matt Furie, as of now, does not seem to be actively initiating copyright claims against the creators of Pepe Coin.